Friday, January 2, 2015

Exceedingly, Abundantly...

"Now to Him who is able
to do exceedingly, abundantly more
than all we can ask or imagine,
to Him be glory in the Church
and in Christ Jesus,
forever and ever..."
Ephesians 3: 20:21

Tell me, where does God live?
I need to see Him, right away...
I'm not one of those who visits often
Or drops by every day.

But, I have a need I'd like to ask of Him
I doubt that He can help me or even knows my name
We're pretty much strangers, me and Him.
I much prefer my sin...

But, today, something happened
That scared me to the bone
I'm looking at the bottom
The end of all I've known.

I never thought I needed Him
I really didn't care.
God is just for losers, for those who need a crutch.
I brushed Him off, I ran from Him, I didn't need Him much.

Today, it all blew up on me,
Everything I love and treasure has washed into the sea.
Where is God?  Does He hear me when I call Him?
Tell me, do I sicken Him when He looks upon my sin?

If I find Him driving on the road, will He drive right over me?
Pretending He didn't mean to, pretending He didn't see?
Or if He stops to talk to me, will He say that it's too late
Or remind me of my littleness and that He is One so Great?

Or will He say, He wishes He could help,
But, even for Him, it's just too much
He can only fix the fixable
And can only do so much.

Will He say, He wished He had the power
To do what needs to be done.
Laughing, will He ridicule and mock me
And have a little fun?

I'm afraid to think He cares for me.
Please tell me is it true?
Have you found the One who loves you?
Is it possible it's true?

I know it isn't like me to believe in fairy tales.
But, this God I'm feeling come to me
Is so much more than Disneyland
So much more than anything I ever thought or dreamed.

I don't know why I took so long
To look for Him who made me.
To seek the One who died for me
And loves me as I am.

I don't know the whys of so many things.
I don't have any answers.
I'm resting in the One who knows.
Who loves me without measure.

He promises to love me
Until the end of time.
I'm dancing in the glory!
I am His and He is mine...










No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!