Friday, October 13, 2017

I'll Take My Chances...



I was shocked to hear the cavalier declaration that "I'll take my chances." in response to a note from me to this Facebook contact, telling her that God is real and that He loves her and wants to heal her.  I came across this lady online as I was reading my new posts on Facebook.  I didn't know she existed until she showed up randomly on my FB feed.  I wasn't looking for her.  But, I believe, the God who made her and who loves her more than anyone else ever could, was, indeed, searching for her.  I believe it is God who put that post on my feed and God who led me to reach out to her.

This lost soul had posted on a grief page that she had lost her little boy recently.  She asked if anyone could help her get in touch with a medium or fortune teller who could put her in touch with her deceased child and give her hope.  Hope.  How desperately we all need hope.  In this poor soul's case, she was crying out for it and searching for it - in all the wrong places...  As soon as she asked if anyone could give her the name of a medium, the response online was instant - a medium who was reading posted a link for her to go to the page this woman has on Facebook.  I read it and couldn't believe my eyes.  Here was a woman who was grieving the loss of her little one, desperately looking for relief, turning to the occult for help.  She said she is an atheist and, clearly, she is.  But, I believe God is so powerfully running after her to save her from the dark world of the occult, of evil that masquerades as good.  He wants to rescue her - she is someone Jesus Christ died for.  Her baby is safe in the arms of Jesus.  If she is ever going to see him again, she must turn to the Lord and grab onto Him for dear life. For that is what He is to her, to me, to everyone who walks the earth desperately searching for Hope.  He is Life.


As the administrator of a Grief Recovery Group on Facebook, I am especially sensitive to those who lost a loved one and are in the throws of grief.  I reached out to this dear lady, explaining to her that I have a Grief Recovery group I would like to have her join so that she could be supported and loved by others and by God during this very painful time.  I knew I had to say something directly to her about the occult; to warn her that seeking solace there would only bring her into further darkness. Part of me didn't want to say this to her, but the pressing on me from the Holy Spirit to warn her was so strong, I had to yield to Him.  I wrote to her very lovingly of God's love for her and invited her to join this group.  I finished my post with a gentle, but, very clear, warning to avoid the occult, including fortune tellers, mediums, psychics and others who would take advantage of her vulnerability at this time.  I hit the send button and it was done.  Almost immediately, I received a response, not only from her, but, from the medium who was threatened by my post.


Hurting and grieving, this dear woman responded to me with the venom of a snake striking at its' prey.  No, she would not join my group.  No she wanted nothing to do with God - the God she does not yet know.  She was blaming this God she said didn't exist for the death of her child.  That is not uncommon in grief, and God isn't shocked by it.  He can handle our grief, especially over the death of our son or daughter.  He watched His own son die a torturous death on the cross - He knows our grief, personally...



What knocked me off my feet about her response was her nonchalant way of blowing off any consideration that God may be real and wanting to rescue her - wanting to save her from disasters even worse than what she had gone through with her son.  He had watched her suffering - He had heard her cries - He saw her broken heart.  He wants to heal her, to love her, to answer her cries, to protect her - as any good Father would.  He wants to protect her from the demons that are fighting for her soul.  He died to save her from all of it.  He longs to see her turn around and run to Him.  He wants to catch her in His arms and keep her as His own.  My heart almost breaks with the love and the heartbeat of God, her Father. How can she not feel that love for her?


She told me thanks, but, no thanks.  She said she didn't believe in God, especially after what she had gone through with her son.  She said "I need proof, before I would believe that..."  She finished her condemnation of God by saying if she was wrong she would "take her chances..."  I could not really believe what I had just read.  She had no idea what she was saying.  It is the height of folly to speak of things we do not know or understand, especially where eternity is concerned.  To say that we will take our chances with eternity is heartbreaking.  We dare not take any chances with the eternal salvation of our soul.  We need to humble ourselves at least enough to admit we do not know - we are completely dependent on what we are told - either by God, or by the dark and evil forces that war against Him for our soul.  


Jesus told the story of the Rich Man and the poor man (Lazarus), who both died the same day.  The Rich Man, having no belief in anything but himself, descended into eternal suffering in Hades. Lazarus, who had lived a life of faith in God, was "carried by the angels to heaven."  The Rich Man, tormented in eternal fire, begged that someone would be sent to his brothers to warn them of eternal damnation.  Luke 16: 31 gives us the unsettling response: "But he said to him, if they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead." Jesus is warning us; we are in peril, we need to be saved.  He is not going to provide any proof for us other than Himself, His death and His resurrection.  If we will not believe because of these - we are lost...

Of course the medium who wanted to keep this "client" voiced her agreement immediately with the confused and brokenhearted lady she was trying to reel in for the kingdom of darkness.  Yes, she advised her, don't believe what I was saying to her.  Don't believe "the haters."  Wow.  The deception, the trickery, the dark undercover sneaking in to someones life through the death of a loved one is so real and so heartbreaking.  

Do not be deceived.  Hell is real.  God is real.  He died to save you from that horror, which so eclipses any suffering we have in this life.  Do not "take your chances."  If you hear the voice of God calling you today, fall down on your knees and worship Him.  Ask Him to save you.  You cannot save yourself.  And, certainly, neither will a medium, a fortune teller, or any other voice that is not from God.  Know the Word of God.  That is where you find Him loving you, saving you, telling you the truth about who He is and who you are.  He suffered and He died.  For you... 


Note:  If you are grieving and looking for a Christian support group, please search Facebook for "God of All Comfort Grief Support" Only members can see posts, but, send a request to join and you will be added, unless there is a problem with your request.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!