Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Road in the Wilderness...

Now, it shall spring forth...

I am in awe of the move of God in my life today, to wash me all over with the living waters of His Holy Spirit. To bring me out of a spirit of fear and into a Spirit of Strength and Joy in the Presence of the Lord, the Holy One of Israel. He reminded me so gently today Who it is I serve. If He calls me to a work here, in this place, He will accomplish it, not I! All I have to do is stand and bear witness to the love and the power of our God. I thank Him so deeply today for His care for me in my own weakness and struggle to follow where I believe He is leading me.

Here is just a small part of the beautiful Word of God from the incredibly powerful Book of the Prophet Isaiah. The Lord used His Word, spoken centuries ago to the nation of Israel, to speak His loving correction and encouragement to me today. Over and over again, He reminded me Who He is. It is He that redeems, He that calls, He that empowers us as witnesses to His redeeming grace.

I thank Him so much today for refreshing my spirit with that amazing truth. I hope these words encourage and refresh you as they have me today. May you and I, called to bear witness to the amazing power of God, always remember Who it is that saves, transforms and loves beyond any measure of our own strength. He is the Potter. We are but the clay...

Isaiah, Chapter 43

“But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob,
And who formed you, O Israel:
'Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name;
You are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord, your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior... vs. 1-3

Bring out the blind people who have eyes,
And the deaf who have ears.
Let all the nations be gathered together
And let the people be assembled... vs. 8-9

You are my witnesses, says the Lord,
And My servant whom I have chosen,
That you may know and believe Me,
And understand that I am He.
Before Me, there was no God formed,
Nor shall there be after Me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
And besides Me there is no savior... vs. 10-11

Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer,
The Holy One of Israel...
I am the Lord, your Holy One,
The Creator of Israel, your King.
Thus says the Lord, Who makes a way in the sea
And a path through the mighty waters... vs. 14-16

Do not remember the former things
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing.
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert...” vs 18, 19

Because I give waters in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
To give drink to My people, My chosen.
This people I have formed for Myself;
They shall declare My praise.” vs. 20-21

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!! He is a way-maker and I know He makes a way for me. :) ...patsy

    ReplyDelete

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!