Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fingerprints of God


I love the unabashed beauty of the Fall! You can have the Summer - even the Spring! To me, there is nothing like the beautiful season of Fall.

Nature dresses up in crimson and gold and struts it's stuff in a defiant shaking of the fist, as if to say - 'You may think I've died, but, do not be deceived - there is a Resurrection coming!'

I see the fingerprints of God everywhere I look in this breathtaking display of His majesty. He's in the beautiful, golden and rose kissed maple tree that sheds its leaves in full obedience to the Master's hand. He's in the chilly winds that trumpet their warning - winter's coming - better be prepared... He's in the rustling breeze, the bonfire at the park, the last dance of the sun before it goes to bed for another winter. He's in the giggles of children dressing up for Halloween. He's in the apple pie that's baking in the oven - the first chili I make to greet the changing season, the hot chocolate and marshmallows I fix for a treat.

Do you see Him winking at you in the extravagant beauty of the world He has created for your pleasure? He's painting the sunset for your delight. He's dancing on the wind. He's singing His love over you today. Listen closely... Do you hear His still small voice?

He's saying, "Look for Me. I'm hidden in the beauty of all you see. I made it all for you. I love you. I love you. Never forget, I love you..."

Scripture Reference: Psalm 19:1 NKJV

"The heavens declare the glory of God..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!