Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Lord is My Keeper...


I'm learning to pray the scriptures. Especially, the Psalms! Here's one of my favorites, taken from the beautiful Psalm 121. I've adapted it for me, but you are welcome to use it for yourself or a loved one for whom you are praying.

Especially, when I am worried, unable to sleep at night, this prayer comforts me and brings me into the presence of the Lord... May the Lord, your Keeper, draw close to you and reassure you of His constant love and care for you, no matter the battle raging over your life today. He is with you...

Prayer from Psalm 121

Lord, my God, I pray I will remember to lift up my eyes to the hills
and remember where my help comes from.
Remind me, O Lord, that my help comes from YOU
Who made the heavens and the earth.

Help me remember, Abba, Father, that you have promised
Not to allow my foot to slip.
Be with me when I toss and turn at night
Dear God, for You do not slumber.
I thank you, Lord, God, that you are the same God
Who watches over Israel – You do not slumber, You do not sleep.

Thank you, Father, My Lord and My God,
That You are my Keeper,
My shade always at my right hand.
You have promised me that the sun will not harm me by day,
Nor the moon by night.

How can I thank you enough, Dear God
That You keep me from evil?
You preserve my soul.
Lord, my God, watch over me as I come and go
From this day forth and forevermore...

1 comment:

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!