Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sweet Hour of Prayer...


As the year draws to a close, I find myself looking back over the year searching for the fingerprints of God on my life.  Unless I deliberately look and choose to see, I often miss the clear activity of God on my behalf.   I have noticed, when I am trying to teach my grandchildren about the power of prayer, that we have a tendency to go to God asking for things we need, but, when the answer comes, we often fail to notice and thank Him for His care for us.  As I've noticed this in my life, I have felt more and more the need to be very deliberate about looking for those answers to prayer.  I look to see where did I see Him moving to answer whispered prayers?  Where is it I am still waiting for those answers to come?  Have I stopped praying - have I given up hope that those prayers will ever be answered?

This has been a difficult year for many, many people.  What about you?  Have you been through a testing time that has drained you and left you discouraged?  Maybe you're still in it?  Are you weary and worn out to the breaking point?  Are you in need of a fresh vision of what God can do in your life?  Are you losing all hope?  Are you feeling alone in the battle?  Are you grieving a loss of someone you loved more than life itself?  Are you fearful of what is coming next?

These things come to all of us at one time or another.  I personally am in the midst of a very difficult and trying time in my own life.  I am much in need of prayer to come through this as the Lord intends. I also have loved ones for whom I have prayed for many years that are yet to be saved.  I need your prayers every bit as much as I know you need mine.  Let us support one another and give each other the gift of prayer across the miles.  I may never have met you nor you, me.  But, we are brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ just as surely as if we lived in the same house.  God intends that we pray for one another.  We have the great privilege of joining Jesus, Our Intercessor, at the very Throne of Grace.  How can we neglect such a great calling as this?

Please use the comment section below to share a prayer request with us or to share an answered prayer that has particularly touched you.  What was the most surprising answer to prayer you received this year?  What is the prayer that is still left unanswered (as far as you are able to understand)? What is the deepest need you have that you would like us to bring before the Lord in prayer?

Please join us in the privileged place of the believer - on our knees in prayer.

 "Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work."  Oswald Chambers.


Scripture Reference:  Revelation 5:8   NKJV

"Now, when He had taken the scroll, 
the four living creatures 
and the twenty-four elders fell down
 before the Lamb,
 each having a harp, 
and golden bowls full of incense, 
which are the prayers of the saints."





No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!