Monday, July 30, 2012

To Heal the Brokenhearted...

"He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted..."
Isaiah 61:1 NKJV

Today I want to bring before you a dear friend of mine,
 Elma Morina, 
who is a missionary to the children and people of Romania.  
You can read about the beginning of her ministry in one of the first posts I wrote entitled "The Bag Lady."  

I don't know much about Romania, other than what Elma has shared with me.  This is a country with a very cold and dark history of life under communism, until fairly recently. The children were often turned out on the streets or, because of the extreme poverty and despair of their parents, given away to orphanages where they were stacked up like crates in a holding cell, waiting for someone to love them.  The Lord, in His great mercy, sent my friend Elma to be one of those who would love them to Jesus.  And love them, she has.  I cannot imagine a better person to be plopped down, right in the middle of darkness to spread the Light of Christ, than my dear friend, Elma.  Please pray for her, pray for her, pray for her.  
It is never easy to do what she does...

Here is the link to her facebook page, if you would like to contact her directly to learn more about her and her ministry. https://www.facebook.com/elma.morina?sk=wall


I also invite you to post a short prayer for her in the comment section below.  I hope many of you will join me in supporting this beautiful servant of the Lord.  
I'm sure it would be a great encouragement to her to see you are praying for her.  

"He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives,
And the opening of the prison to those who are bound.
To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord,
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, 
That He may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:1-3

1 comment:

  1. My dear Elma - Praying for you that God will bless you today, sustain you on your journey and multiply the fruit of the seeds you are planting in Romania. May He raise up more than you could ever imagine who will be called "the plantings of the Lord" because you were there working in the garden that is Romania. I love you and miss you more than you know.

    ReplyDelete

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!