Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stay on Your Knees...

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses,
but, we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
Psalm 20:7  NKJV

Ever feel like giving up in prayer?  Like you're not getting anywhere, so why bother?  I think the enemy of our souls fears us most when we are in prayer.  I believe that is where the real work of heaven is going on.  I am part of a very small prayer group where I live (three or four people most of the time).  But, in that little prayer circle, I can actually feel the power of God falling as we submit our needs to Him and acknowledge our complete dependence on Him.  


Years ago, I was in a similar prayer group.  I wish we had kept a journal of our prayers and tracked the answers.  I bet we would be amazed.  One prayer we prayed repeatedly at that time was for the release of Martin and Gracia Burnham, the missionary couple who were kidnapped in the Phillipines in the '90s.  We prayed for them over and over again.  I was long gone from that little prayer group when our prayers were answered and Gracia was released to her children and Martin to heaven.  I wept when I heard the news of their release.  I remember thanking God for hearing and answering our prayers, long after they had been prayed and I no longer even remembered praying. I was so humbled to realize that God still remembered...


We had the great privilege of "standing in the gap" for them.  You don't hear that term very much any more. But, I believe it is one of the most powerful ways God uses His people.  When people are in the fire, being tried to the utmost, losing strength, faltering in faith, desperately trying to hold on, God calls to His people to surround them in prayer.  What a privilege.  Please join me as we lift up to the Lord the suffering church, wherever it is found.  In a sick bed in America, a prison in Iran, a mass grave in a war torn country far away... This day, while we are still able, let us stand in the gap for them.  Let us pray...


For loved ones suffering from cancer...

"May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend you,
May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice.

May He grant you according to your heart's desire,
And fulfill all your purpose.
We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of the Lord our God, 
We will set up our banners!
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.

Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.

Some trust in chariots and some in horses;
But we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.

Save, Lord!
May the King answer us when we call.
Psalm 20, NKJV


1 comment:

  1. Lord God, strengthen, heal, sustain them in their suffering for they are weak and in need of You to uphold them in this trial:

    Praying for: Mary and Phil Sprat, Janet, Linda, Sharon's dad, and so many others whose names are known to You. Oh,Lord, God, Giver of Life, Healer of our disease, we need You, we need You, we need You, this day and always...

    ReplyDelete

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!