Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Georgia On My Mind...


Lasting Beauty...

Little woman
Almost invisible, really
Easy to ignore
Hunched back
70-ish
Always smiling
Whispers when she speaks
Smiles at everyone she meets
Her eyes splash joy all over you
Encourages everyone
Constant helper
Never complains
Always in pain
Never talks about it
Always asks how YOU are
Married once to an alcoholic who beat her
Never had children
Loves Jesus
It shows
She stops me in my tracks
I am in awe of her
I am humbled in her presence
I see Jesus in her like I've never seen in anyone before
Her name is Georgia
I want to be more like her...

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, 
goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  
Against these there is no law." 
Galatians 5:22  NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!