Sunday, November 18, 2012

We are His People...


the flock that He shepherds...
Psalm 95: 7
NKJV

Come, Worship the Lord.  I love this plaintiff and heartbreaking invitation sung so tenderly by Darwin Hobbs, and echoed all over the Word of God.  Come.  Come.  Come.  Worship the Lord...  Is it not amazing that God longs for us?  He searches for you and me.  He desires us deeply.  

We are a people created for Worship.  Not just singing of hymns and praise songs that make us feel good.  No - we are called to worship Him with everything in us.  We do not serve a mediocre  half-hearted God.  He is completely sold out for us.  He is extravagantly, deeply, deeply head over heels in love with you and me.  All He asks in return is our worship... 


I love Sunday evenings.  I often listen to songs of worship to close the day and draw very close to the Lord.  I always find Him waiting for me, searching for me.  How humbling is that?  The God of the universe is looking for me?  Do you hear Him searching for you?  "Come away with Me for just a few moments.  I desire your company.  I miss you.  I love you more than you know..."


Listening to this music I hear an ache in the voice of the singer - depicting the voice of God.  He aches for our love.  He desires our worship.  In that moment when I yield my heart to Him, I feel the pain of His love surrounding me.  And I know this is where I always long to be. I miss my God.  I am empty in so many places apart from Him.  I know I have found the One my heart longs for.  I have found my Maker.  


I hope you are encouraged to put yourself in the song - it is your God who is calling YOU to worship Him right now at this very moment in time.  Let yourself respond to His invitation.  Love Him freely and tenderly, not because you have to but because you want to.  In a world where it's so often all about us, take this time to make it all about Him.  Magnify the Lord your God.  This is the Lord's Day.  Give it to Him gratefully and extravagantly, as He gives Himself to us. 


Give Him all you have, whatever it is - your struggles, your losses, your hopes, your fears, your what-ifs, your moments of doubt...  He knows it all anyway and wants to love you through it all. He is the only One worthy of our worship. He is our God.  We are but the sheep of His pasture. The flock that He shepherds... Alleluia...





No comments:

Post a Comment

How are you doing on your journey with the Lord? Started yet? Still searching. My prayer is that you will be encouraged to seek after Him with all your heart. Without a doubt, you will find Him. He is searching for YOU!